Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Working with REO brokers

Investing in Real Estate can be exciting, challenging, scarry, and sometimes downright overwhelming. Gone are the days of having to search hours upon hours to find a deal, a good deal is waiting to be had on every other street it seems like these days. When I first starting investing in Real Estate I was overwhelmed by the amount of inventory their was, so I began creating "systems" to track prospective properties all around my town, Jacksonville, FL. As I got more confident and aware of the "game" so to speak I realized my Real Estate community was not as big as I thought it was. Upon driving the areas I began to notice the same broker signs and names associated with those signs. At first I thought I needed to get ahold of every one of these people and tell them who I was, but the more I thought about it I decided to target only 5-7 REO brokers and begin building relationships with those people. Since adopting that strategy my company, Premier Choice Investments, has had extreme success. I buy 3-5 properties from REO brokers every month and have been for quite some time now. I say all that to say this, "How is your relationship with REO brokers in your town?" If it is not that good or if your intimadated with the whole process let me give you some tips that might help. The number one tip I can give you is this, Don't waste there time. Simple isn't it, but it works, always be aware of there time and go the extra mile for them. For example when you call them to introduce yourself don't ramble on about your business and how much you want to pay for properties, they don't care about that, but they will if you build the relationship first and think business second. I want to give you my Top 5 reasons REO brokers will want to work with you. Here yah go.

1. You are always curteous of there time.(Ask them to set you up with an automatic email update for there properties)
2. You don't ask them if they think the bank will take your offer. (Just submit your offer, don't explain why your offer is low, they don't care they just want to sell the property)
3. When you are building the relationship with them tell them this line "I always close" (This will set you apart from the wannabies who always back out because of some reason)
4. When you start building the relationship find out if you have common interests, this will set you apart from the jerk investor who is always about business.
5. After you close a deal with them, bring them the lock box back to there office, this will give you an excuse to meet them which will set you apart from the other investors.(This face to face meeting is crucial because now you are a person not just someone behind the phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment